By Kate Aspen
Indian weddings are often multi-day events, deeply rooted in tradition. The main reception is the final event, and it’s celebrated in the form of a big party! From a rich jewel tone color palette to rustic wood details, consider these ten Indian wedding trends for your upcoming wedding. We share a few DIY tips you can incorporate, too!
1. Rustic Wood AccentsRustic wedding style is trending across all cultures and Indian weddings are no exception. A rich wood backdrop adds rustic charm to ornate wedding reception décor.
DIY Tip: You can transform any space with a DIY faux wood wall like this one.
2. Dramatic Drapes
Framing a special table in a traditional red color creates an eye-catching display. These plush red curtains are a perfect fit! This VIP seating area can be reserved for the bride, groom, and wedding party.
3. Henna-Inspired PatternsTraditional henna designs inspired the tablecloth and napkins for this table setting. This tablecloth is actually a tapestry that we re purposed for an affordable table-covering. You can see the same swirling patterns in other decor elements, too.
DIY Tip: Recruit creative friends and family to decorate special napkins for each place setting. Using a gold pen, draw henna-like designs on each black napkin. You can use paper napkins and paint pens or cloth napkins and fabric pens.
4. Rich Jewel TonesRoyal purple, deep turquoise, ruby red, and burnt orange are rich jewel tones that are trending for 2016. Greet each guest with a gold glitter fan personalized with your wedding information in this gorgeous color palette. You can customize the back with a DIY menu or program printable so that these pretty paper goods serve double duty.
5. Gold Metallic EmbellishmentsDress up the rustic backdrop with an ornate medallion painted gold. Additional metallic accents create a luxurious feel without breaking the bank.
6. Romantic Candle-Lit TablesSprinkling mixed metallic jewel tone tealight holders on the tables will cast a romantic glow on the reception area. This jewel-tone take on rustic mercury glass is perfect for an Indian wedding!
Incorporating a few larger lanterns adds height to the centerpieces, and this henna-inspired take on popular rustic wedding decor is so unique!
7. Elephant DetailsElephants have long played a prominent part in Indian culture, and we are excited to see more and more modern takes on this special Indian icon in weddings. This symbol of luck and prosperity can be incorporated in many ways, from the invitations and programs to favors and décor. Swap out the tealight in these gold elephant candle holders and make space for a sweet treat. These elephants make an adorable favor for guests to take home!
Showing guests to their seats with a gold elephant place card holder is another special little detail that will make a big impact.
8. Personalized Wedding Glasses
Impress guests with another keepsake they can use at the reception and take home too! Stemless glasses are totally on trend, and you can personalize them with an Indian-inspired design and your wedding details. Choose from modern stemless wine glass and sleek champagne flute options.
9. Unique SeatingCreate truly unique place settings with silverware tucked in drawstring bags set atop scalloped plates. These layers of rich colors and textures are sure to wow!
Place a plush pillow where each guest will sit. This is another fun way to incorporate bright jewel tone colors.
10. Feathered FavorsThe finishing touch is always a favor for guests to take home. These jewel-tone feather favor boxes fit right into the tabletop décor!
Naima, The Makeup Artist in Virginia DC MD 704-877-3537